Should you buy a hot tub from a home show or expo in ? Maybe…
Are you considering buying a hot tub for your home in Raleigh, North Carolina? If your answer is yes, you're probably wondering what it will cost. In this article, we'll show you the factors that affect hot tub prices, discuss the different types of hot tubs, and provide the average prices for each type in Raleigh. We'll also offer some helpful tips for buying a hot tub in the area. So, let's get started.
Factors Affecting Hot Tub Prices
Before we discuss the specific prices, it's essential to understand the facts that influence the cost of a hot tub. Some of these are:
- Hot Tub Size and Seating Capacity: Larger hot tubs typically cost more due to the increased materials and manufacturing costs.
- Material: Hot tubs are available in several types of materials like acrylic, fiberglass, and rotomolded plastic, which also impacts the price.
- Features: Unique features like advanced filtration systems, powerful jets, speakers, and LED lighting can increase the price.
- Installation: The cost of installation varies depending on the complexity of the project and the contractor's rates, which also greatly affects the price.
- Brand: There are different brands that offer varying levels of quality, and this can significantly influence the price of a hot tub.
Types of Hot Tubs
There are two main types of hot tubs available in the Raleigh, NC market:
- Open Seating Hot Tubs: Open seating hot tubs maximize the seating capacity of your tub. Meaning you, your family and your guests can get the most out of your space. Each seat of an open seating hot tub typically features a unique jet layout for a variety of different massage experiences in each seat.
- Lounger Hot Tubs: Lounger hot tubs are designed for the ultimate relaxation. For those in need of that extra hydrotherapy & relaxation, a lounger allows you to fully relax and receive an unmatched head to toe massage.
- Swim Spas: Swim Spas deserve an honorable mention because they’re essentially an exercise hot tub. With similar heat controls and hydrotherapy seats, the main difference is that a swim spa features swim jets and a large exercise zone.
Average Hot Tub Prices in Raleigh
Now let's take a look at the average prices of each hot tub type in Raleigh. These aren’t exact numbers and each price depends on the quality, material, size, and brand.
- 2 to 4 Person Hot Tubs: Small hot tubs typically cost anywhere from $7,000 to $11,000.
- 5 to 6 Person Hot Tubs: Medium sized hot tubs cost anywhere from $8,000 to $15,000.
- 7+ Person Hot Tubs: Large hot tubs cost anywhere from $9,000 to $20,000.
- Swim Spas: Swim spas are the most expensive option from above, ranging from $15,000 to $50,000.
Tips for Buying a Hot Tub in Raleigh
If you want to make the most and the best out of your hot tub investment, follow these tips when shopping for a hot tub in Raleigh:
- Research: Before you decide, learn about the different types of hot tubs, their features, and materials. This will help you make a good decision when choosing the right hot tub for your needs. If you’re reading this blog, you’re already on the right track.
- Compare Prices: Search for different types of hot tubs, and compare prices from various retailers and online sources. This will help you get the best deal on your hot tub.
- Visit Local Showrooms: Take the time to visit local hot tub showrooms in Raleigh. This will give you the opportunity to see and test out different models before making the best decision.
- Consider Installation Costs: Finding the right contractors for your backyard project can be extremely important. The cost of your electrician and concrete contractor can be anywhere from $1,500 to $4,000.
- Consider Maintenance Costs: Factor in the ongoing costs of maintaining your hot tub, including chemicals, filters, and electricity. These can add up over time, so it's essential to choose a hot tub that fits your budget.
Where Can I Get the Best Deals?
There’s not really a specific time of year that can be considered the best for buying a new hot tub. Hot tubs can be used year round, and dealers typically keep their prices low year round because of this. To get the best deals on hot tubs in Raleigh, you should consider the dealer the following:
- The Quality of The Hot Tub: Getting a good deal isn’t about finding the cheapest hot tub. Hot tub buyers are typically looking for something high quality that will last for many years to come.
- The Included Add-Ons: Hot tubs need accessories in order to be fully enjoyed. This includes steps, covers, cover-lifters, and even starter chemicals. Many dealers may not provide these necessary items, so these are costs you need to take into consideration when searching for the best deal.
- The Delivery Costs: Depending on the dealer, delivery costs can quickly add up. Some local dealers offer free delivery to their service area, which could be a large cost savings to you.
- Warranties & Service: It’s extremely important to take the manufacturer warranties into account. High quality brands will provide comprehensive warranties that will give you piece of mind for years to come. Secondly, you should ask your dealer about their local service department, so you can be confident in receiving service when you need it.
The average hot tub price in Raleigh varies based on the brand, size, materials, features, and installation requirements. By understanding these factors and following the tips provided, you'll find the perfect hot tub for your home in a short amount of time. Remember to research and compare prices, visit local showrooms, and consider maintenance costs before making your final decision.
Wellis Spa believes that our hot tubs hit the mark for being considered the highest quality and best deals on the Raleigh market. If you’re interested in purchasing a hot tub in Raleigh, visit our showroom at
4205 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609or give us a call at 919-635-9080.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are hot tubs energy-efficient?
Some hot tubs are more energy-efficient than others. Look for models with energy-saving features like insulated covers, full-foam insulation, and efficient circulation pumps to reduce your energy consumption. Wellis Spa offers some of the most energy efficient hot tubs in Raleigh.
How often should I clean and maintain my hot tub?
It's recommended to clean your hot tub's filters regularly every 1-2 months and drain and refill the water every 3-4 months. Test and adjust the water chemistry often to maintain a healthy and clean environment.
Do I need a permit to install a hot tub in Raleigh, NC?
In most cases, a permit is not required for most of the hot tubs. However, it's always a good idea to check your local municipality for specific regulations and requirements for in-ground hot tubs and swim spas.
What is the lifespan of a hot tub?
The lifespan of a hot tub can range from 5-20 years, depending on the quality of materials, maintenance, and usage. If you do your maintenance regularly, you will significantly extend the life of your hot tub.
Is financing available for hot tub purchases?
Many hot tub retailers and manufacturers offer financing options, making it easier to afford your dream hot tub. Be sure to ask about financing options when shopping for a hot tub in Raleigh.